Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Things are Tight Around Here!

So, it's been a LONG time since I've posted. Mostly because we've had a lot of things going on that required a wait time before there was any news. We placed a bid on a property that is still pending. Nothing is certain yet, but if/when we get it, I will have such a testimony to tell! In the meantime, we are trying to hold on to every penny we can, to make sure that we have all funds available to make this purchase, should we get approved. When we found out that this property was available, when we did the calculations, we decided that we would have very little money to spend, if we made our top bid. So, I dug through my pantry, fridge, freezer, and deep freeze, and I decided that we could probably live for a month on what we had in the house, if we were judicious in the way we prepared meals, and if we didn't waste food. A while back I started a small food storage program, so maybe it was for this reason! So, since then, I've been to Aldi once and spent a little over $7, and we went out to eat at Rosa's with some friends after church (our whole family of 5 ate for $10). We also put in an order with our milk co-op (before we knew about the property), but still only spent $10. I feel guilty when I think of all the food that has gotten wasted at our house in the past, not to mention all the fast food trips that we could have lived without. To see just how little we could live on is humbling. When we say a prayer to thank God for our food lately, it has taken on a whole new meaning. I could just be eating a piece of bread, but God has provided so much more than that! He is so faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment